1. Veterans are entrepreneurial.
- They are twice as likely to pursue business ownership as non-vets and have a higher rate of success.
- Real estate is, at its core, an entrepreneurial venture. Successful real estate agents are able to think like entrepreneurs.
2. Veterans are comfortable in dynamic, evolving environments.
- Research shows that military experience is positively correlated with the ability to accurately evaluate a complex decision environment and take decisive action.
- Real estate is a fast-moving environment with many moving parts. Identifying the important information and acting on it is a key skill successful agents have.
3. Veterans are adept at transferring skills across contexts and task
- Most military training includes contingency and scenario-based learning, allowing veterans to learn how to adapt their skills across varied situations.
- Real estate requires flexible thinkers who can adapt their skills to a variety of situations.
4. Veterans exhibit advanced team-building skills.
- Veterans have been shown to be more adept than non-veterans at organizing and defining team goals, defining team member roles and responsibilities, and developing a plan of action.
- Real estate is a highly collaborative industry, not only among members of a real estate team, but between mortgage brokers, inspectors, buyers, sellers, and many other stakeholders. The ability to balance all of these personalities, motivations, and agendas is a powerful skill.
5. Veterans have—and leverage—advanced technical training.
- Veterans are, on average, exposed to highly advanced technology and related training at a higher rate than non-military peers. This has been shown to allow veterans to better leverage technology as a solution to organizational challenges.
- Real estate is becoming more technologically focused every day. Paperless transactions, multiple listing services, and email marketing all require a savvy technological mind.
Career Application Form
Keller Williams Realty stands out from all other real estate firms in many ways, yet there are key areas that define us as an industry innovator and leader.Complete Application Form
World Wide Opportunities
Keller Williams is an international real estate franchise company with more than 110,000 real estate agents, operating in 700 offices across the globe.Find Out More